- Ash Center Democracy Doctoral Fellowships: Up to $30,000 annual stipend and work space at the Ash Center for doctoral students writing about issues of democracy in “hard places”; citizen participation; government innovations at the regional and local level; and questions specific to South-East Asia.
- Asia Center Research Grants: Provides support for research projects that look at the countries of East, South, and Southeast Asia comparatively or explore the relations among Asian countries
- Joan A. Kleinman Travel and Language Grants: Provides up to $5000 to MD-PhD students to support summer field research and language learning outside of the United States in East Asia on the broadest aspects of health, illness and social suffering
- Luce Scholars Program in Asia: Provides a monthly stipend and travel/insurance expenses for US citizens under 30 to pursue immersed living and working experiences in Asia
- Ash Center China Programs Student Research Grants for China–related internships, independent research, and other forms of study conducted in China during winter and summer academic vacation periods
- Desmond and Whitney Shum Fellowships provide up to $20000 to support graduate students undertaking social science research projects in China. The minimum period of research is four months.
- Fairbank Center Graduate Student Associates receive up to $1000 to support their advanced dissertation research. Associates also gain access to other non-monetary Fairbank resources, while working to support the Fairbank Center community.
- Fairbank Center Summer Language Study Grants support advanced study of the languages necessary to pursue research related to Chinese studies. Apply via CARAT.
- Fairbank Center Summer Research Grants provide up to $3000 to support graduate student summer research in or relating to China and Taiwan. Apply via CARAT.
- Fudan ICSCC Fellowships for Harvard China Studies are funded opportunities for two outstanding doctoral students from Harvard to engage in research at Fudan University for 2 to 4 months in the fall or spring. Contact Program Manager Julia Cai for more information.
- Fung Foundation Summer Grants support summer research, language study, and internships.
- Reischauer Institute Summer Research Grants for Graduate Students: Up to $5000 to support PhD and Masters students in the humanities or social sciences whose work is focused on Japan
- Reischauer Institute Summer Language Study Grants for Graduate Students: Up to $6000 to support PhD and AM candidates in the humanities or social sciences for language study directly related to a thesis/doctoral dissertation in Japanese studies and which cannot be conveniently pursued during the academic year
- Noma-Reischauer Prizes In Japanese Studies: $1500 for best graduate essay on a Japan-related topic
- Korea Institute Graduate Summer Language Study Grants: Up to $6,000 to support PhD and AM candidates in the humanities or social sciences for language study directly related to a thesis/doctoral dissertation in Korean studies and which cannot be conveniently pursued during the academic year
- Korea Institute Graduate Summer Research Travel Grants: Provides travel costs for summer research and/or fieldwork in Korea related to a dissertation or thesis
- Korea Institute Supplementary Research Dissertation Grant: Provides up to $26,000 to support dissertation research in any field of Korean studies in the humanities or social sciences
- Deakin-Royce Graduate Research Fellowships in Australian Studies: Provides support for research/fieldwork relating to dissertations in Australian studies
- South Asia Institute (SAI) Internship Grants
- SAI Research Grants
- SAI Language Study Grants
- Seed for Change Competition (prizes awarded to interdisciplinary student projects that positively impact societal, economic, and environmental issues in India)
- Asia Center Philippines Fund
- Jeffrey Cheah Travel Fund (Malaysia)
- Thai Studies Fund
- William E. Braden 1941 Travel Fund