The Harvard Summer School offers multiple summer study abroad programs in the region every year. Please refer to the HSS website for a full listing. You can view a list of pre-approved non-Harvard summer study abroad programs at the OIE website. Funding for both sets of programs is available through the Office of Career Services.
- Asia Center Undergraduate Summer Research Grants: Provides support for research during the summer on projects that look at the countries of East, South, and Southeast Asia comparatively or explore the relations among Asian countries. Apply via CARAT. Deadline February 3, 2020.
- Luce Scholars Program in Asia: Provides a monthly stipend and travel/insurance expenses for US citizens under 30 to pursue immersed living and working experiences in Asia. Deadline October 11, 2019.
- Princeton In Asia: Year-long fellowship that sponsors 150 fellowships and internships in 21 countries for annually to provide transformative service-oriented experiences (recent graduates from North American Universities eligible). Deadline October 31, 2019.
- Summer Language Grants: Support for students and student groups interested in language study in China and Taiwan. Apply via CARAT.
- Ash Center China Programs Student Research Grants: support for China–related internships, independent research, and other forms of study conducted in China during January and summer.
- Harvard China Student Internship Program: support for housing, airfare, and stipend for students placed in internships in China.
- Harvard College Japan Summer Internship Program: Provides up to $5,000 of support for student interns at Japanese firms and organizations. Apply via CARAT. Deadline January 6, 2020.
- Japan Summer Science Undergraduate Research Program: Provides up to $5,000 of support students in life, physical/natural, engineering and applied sciences to conduct research in a leading science laboratory in Japan for at least 8 weeks. Apply via CARAT. Deadlines December 4, 2019 and January 6, 2020.
- Reischauer Institute Henry Rosovsky Undergraduate Summer Research Travel Grant for senior thesis research in the humanities or social sciences Apply via CARAT. Deadline February 2, 2020.
- Reischauer Institute Undergraduate Summer Japanese Language Grants: Provides up to $7,000 to support students enrolled in summer Japanese language study programs in Japan. Apply via CARAT. Deadline February 3, 2020.
- Korea Institute Summer Research Travel Grants: Support for senior thesis research in the humanities or social sciences. Apply via CARAT.
- Korea Institute Scholarships for the Harvard Summer School-Korea Program: Limited scholarships to undergraduate students who need additional financial assistance to attend the Harvard Summer School-Korea program.
- Korea Summer Internship Program: Provide housing and $3,500 stipend to support student interns working in Korea. Apply via CARAT.
- Summer Language Study at Ewha Womans University: Tuition waiver for Ewha Womans University co-ed summer program in Korean language. Apply via CARAT.
- Summer Study at Seoul National University: Scholarship covers tuition, dorm fees, and airfare for one student studying at SNU for the summer.
- Harold Bolitho Undergraduate Research Scholarship in Australian Studies: Provides support for research and/or fieldwork relating directly to a senior honors thesis in an area of Australian studies. Apply via CARAT.
- South Asia Institute (SAI) Internship Grants: Support for January or summer student internships with companies in South Asia. Apply via CARAT.
- SAI Research Grants: Support for students pursuing field research related to a thesis conducted in January or summer. Apply via CARAT.
- SAI Language Study Grants: Support for students pursuing intensive study of a South Asian language in January or summer. Apply via CARAT.
- Seed for Change Competition: Prizes awarded to interdisciplinary student projects that positively impact societal, economic, and environmental issues in India and Pakistan. Check for new deadlines in early 2020.