The Harvard Summer School offers multiple summer study abroad programs in the region every year. Please refer to the HSS website for a full listing. You can view a list of pre-approved non-Harvard summer study abroad programs at the OIE website. Funding for both sets of programs is available through the Office of Career Services.
- Asia Center Undergraduate Summer Research Grants: Provides support for research during the summer on projects that look at the countries of East, South, and Southeast Asia comparatively or explore the relations among Asian countries
- Luce Scholars Program in Asia: Provides a monthly stipend and travel/insurance expenses for US citizens under 30 to pursue immersed living and working experiences in Asia
- Princeton In Asia: This is a year long fellowship that sponsors 150 fellowships and internships in 21 countries for annually to provide transformative service-oriented experiences (recent graduates from North American Universities eligible)
- Ash Center China Programs Student Research Grants for China–related internships, independent research, and other forms of study conducted in China during winter and summer academic vacation periods
- Fung Foundation Summer Grants support summer research, language study, and internships.
- Harvard China Student Internship Program: provides housing and a stipend for students place in internships in China
- Language and Culture Program at Sichuan University: provides tuition, food, and housing for eight-week program in Sichuan
- Tuberculosis Research at Tsinghua University (I-SURGH): Funded internship in Beijing to research treatment of tuberculosis, with special focus on drug resistance and attention to role of basic science in fields relevant to global health. Apply via CARAT.
- Japan Summer Internship Program: Provides airfare and stipend support for student interns at Japanese firms and organizations Apply via CARAT
- Reischauer Institute Henry Rosovsky Undergraduate Summer Research Travel Grant for senior thesis research in the humanities or social sciences Apply via CARAT
- Reischauer Institute Undergraduate Summer Japanese Language Grants: Provides tuition, airfare, and stipend to support students enrolled in summer Japanese language study programs in Japan Apply via CARAT
- Korea Institute Summer Research Travel Grants for senior thesis research in the humanities or social sciences
- Korea Institute Scholarships for the Harvard Summer School-Korea Program
- Korea Summer Internship Program: provides housing and $3,500 stipend to support student interns working in Korea
- Seoul National University-International Summer Institute: provides cost of tuition, housing, and airfare for six-week summer program at SNU
- Summer Language Study at Ewha Womans University: waived tuition for Ewha Womans University co-ed summer program in Korean language
- Harold Bolitho Undergraduate Research Scholarship in Australian Studies for senior thesis research
- International Centers of Excellence for Malaria Research (I-SURGH): Funding internship focusing on malaria evolution and disease transmission in Goa, India. Housing is also provided. Apply via CARAT.
- South Asia Institute (SAI) Internship Grants
- SAI Research Grants
- SAI Language Study Grants
- Seed for Change Competition: prizes awarded to interdisciplinary student projects that positively impact societal, economic, and environmental issues in India
- Asia Center Philippines Fund
- Jeffrey Cheah Travel Fund (Malaysia)
- Thai Studies Fund
- Vietnam Program at HKS: $4,000 in IOP support for internship at the Fulbright School in Ho Chi Minh
- William E. Braden 1941 Travel Fund