The Harvard Summer School offers multiple summer study abroad programs in the region every year. Please refer to the HSS website for a full listing. You can view a list of pre-approved non-Harvard summer study abroad programs at the OIE website. Funding for both sets of programs is available through the Office of Career Services.
- CES Internships Abroad: Provides stipend support in varying amounts for both pre-negotiated positions and self-negotiated positions. Apply via CARAT.
- Stanley H. Hoffmann Undergraduate Travel and Research Fund: Supports senior theses, research or research-related travel, internships, service activities, or study in Europe for students concentrating in the social sciences and humanities (social studies, government, history, literature, or French studies preferred).
- Krupp Foundation Fellowships at CES for Senior Theses: Summer research travel grants of $5,000 for senior thesis writers to explore topics on political, historical, economic, social, cultural, and intellectual trends in modern or contemporary Europe. Grants cannot be used for language study. Apply via CARAT.
- WCFIA Participatory Research Internships in France: Provides airfare, room and board, internal transportation, and research expenses for students seeking field experience in community development and health and human rights working with the Roma population in France. Apply via CARAT.
- CHS Cultural Internship Program in Greece: Provides housing, a €455 stipend, and up to $1,400 in airfare to support internships in Nafplio.
- CHS Teaching Internships in Greece: Provides housing, up to $1,400 in airfare, and a stipend to support students assisting at a high school summer program in Nafplio.
- IOP Director's Internship, Prolepsis: $5,000 stipend support for internship at the Institute of Preventive Medicine, Environmental and Occupational Health in Athens
- Patterson Traveling Fellowship to Italy: $2,000 to fund summer or holiday travel to Italy. Students with no experience traveling to Italy are encouraged to apply.
Russia, Eastern Europe, and Central Asia
- Davis Center Undergraduate Internship Grants: Up to $5,000 to offset expenses related to unpaid (or low-paying) internships in Russia, Eastern Europe, or Central Asia with priority given to internships in nonprofits and public service. Apply via CARAT.
- Davis Center East Europe Summer FLAS: Supports program costs for students seeking Eastern European language training, including Armenian, Bosnian/Croatian/Serbian, Czech, Polish, Russian, Ukrainian, and Uzbek. Apply via CARAT.
- Goldman Undergraduate Research Travel Grants: Up to $5,000 for students carrying out independent research on topics in Russian and Eurasian studies. Apply via CARAT.
- HURI Summer Research Travel Grant Program: Up to $1,500 to support summer research projects in Ukraine. Apply via CARAT.
- IOP Director's Internship, World Health Organization: $5,000 stipend support for internship at the WHO in Geneva.
- British Teaching Fellowships: Provides room and board for a College graduate to spend a year as a teacher in an English preparatory school.
- Eben Fiske Studentship: Provides support to graduating seniors for post-graduate study in Trinity College at the University of Cambridge.
- Harvard-Cambridge Scholarships: Provides support for one year of study at Cambridge University for graduating seniors.
- Harvard-Cambridge Summer Fellowship: Provides support to rising juniors and seniors to pursue meaningful opportunities in the UK
- Harvard-UK Fellowships: A single application enters graduating seniors into consideration for four different opportunities for post-graduate study in the British Commonwealth.
- Herchel Smith Fellowship in Science: Provides tuition, fees, stipend, and travel expenses for one year of science post-graduate studies at Cambridge University.
- IOP Director's Parliamentary Internship, Labour MP for Leeds West: $5,000 stipend support for internship in the office of Rachel Reeves.
- IOP Director's Parliamentary Internship, Labour MP for Feltham and Heston: $5,000 stipend support for internship in the office of Seema Malhotra.
- Thouron Scholarships: Provides rising sophomore and juniors with support for eight-week summer study abroad program at Pembroke College in the University of Cambridge.