- CES Graduate Dissertation Research Fellowships: Up to $24000 for 6-12 months in Europe for social science dissertation research
- CES Dissertation Completion Fellowships
- Frank Knox Memorial Fellowships: Supports US citizens conducting research and/or study in Australia, Canada, New Zealand, South Africa, or the UK: Supports US citizens conducting research and/or study in Australia, Canada, New Zealand, South Africa, or the UK
- Jens Aubrey Westengard Fund: Provides $400-600 for summer research or study in Europe, Britain, or South America
- August Clifford Tower Fund Fellowship: Provides a stipend of approximately $20,000-$25,000 to support the expenses of one academic year of study at any university in France.
- GSAS Lurcy Traveling Fellowships: Provides $25,000 to support GSAS students conducting research on uniquely French topics with contemporary relevance
- GSAS-Sciences Po Exchange Fellowship: Provides one GSAS student with admission as an “Auditeur Libre” to the Institut d’Etudes Politiques (“Sciences Po”) in Paris for one academic year of study. Tuition charges are waived and the recipient receives a stipend of approximately $25,0000.
- Arthur Sachs Scholarship: Supports French citizens pursuing graduate studies at Harvard. Interested students must apply for consideration before entering the U.S. and prior to the start of their academic programs
- Jean Gaillard Fellowships: Supports French citizens pursuing graduate studies at Harvard. Interested students must apply for consideration before entering the U.S. and prior to the start of their academic programs
- Ecole Normale Superieure Exchange Fellowship: Provides US citizens with admission to ENS (for which no separate application for admission is required), a room in an ENS dormitory, and a stipend of approximately $18,000 for living expenses.
- Deutscher Akademischer Austausch Dienst (DAAD) Research Grants: €750 to €1,000 in monthly stipend support to research or independent projects at German universities, archives, or institutes
- Konrad-Adenauer Fellowships: Supports masters and doctoral students to study/research at German universities
Russia, Eastern Europe, and Central Asia
- Davis Center Graduate Research and Travel Grants: Up to $4000 for travel to the former Soviet Union or Eastern Europe for research or language study
- Davis Center East Europe Academic Year FLAS
- Davis Center East Europe Summer FLAS
- Davis Center Dissertation Completion Fellowships
- HURI Graduate Research Fellowships: Provides modest support for dissertation research in the humanities or social sciences on a topic relating to Ukraine
- HURI Summer Research Travel Grant Program: Up to $2000 for travel and research expenses for projects conducted in Ukraine
Harlech Scholarship: Provides tuition, fees, and stipendiary support to a Harvard student currently enrolled in the Faculty of Arts and Sciences who plans to enroll in a graduate degree program offered by New College, Oxford