The Harvard Summer School offers multiple summer study abroad programs in the region every year. Please refer to the HSS website for a full listing. You can view a list of pre-approved non-Harvard summer study abroad programs at the OIE website. Funding for both sets of programs is available through the Office of Career Services.
- DRCLAS Term-Time Travel Grants: Support undergraduate and graduate students completing final stage thesis, dissertation or thesis-equivalent research, related to Latin America and the Caribbean that requires travel during the academic year (winter break). Research proposals are accepted from all disciplines, but must be directly related to the region.
- Steve Reifenberg Fellowship: Provides $6000 for a Harvard College graduate to spend 4-6 months following graduation dedicated to volunteer or community service in Latin America. The experience should be focused on social or environmental development.
- DRCLAS Summer Research Travel Grants: Support undergraduate and graduate or professional students conducting research related to Latin America and the Caribbean. Research proposals are accepted from all disciplines, but must be directly related to the region.
- Princeton In Latin America: Partners with NGOs and multilateral organizations and places highly qualified recent college graduates in yearlong service fellowships with nonprofit, public service, humanitarian, and government organizations with a social mission in Latin American and Caribbean.
- DRCLAS Summer Internship Program in Buenos Aires: Up to $5,000 in DRCLAS or IOP support for 8-week internship opportunities
- International Internships Program at CIPPEC in Buenos Aires: $4,000 to support internship with Center for the Implementation of Public Policies Promoting Equity and Growth in Argentina
- Equipo Latinoamericano de Justicia y Género Internship in Buenos Aires: $4,000 to support internship with an NGO working to improve women’s situation in social, political, and economic life
- DRCLAS Summer Internship Program in Sao Paolo: OCS/DRCLAS support for financial aid students for 8-week internships with Brazilian NGOs and not-for-profits
- January MobiLab Experience in São Paulo: Support available for students on financial aid to work on application development that will impact the urban mobility infrastructure in São Paulo
- Mentoring and Language Acquisition in Brazil: Support for Harvard student mentors working with high-need, high-potential Brazilian high school students
- DRCLAS Summer Internship Program in Santiago: Up to $5,000 in support for 8-week DRCLAS internship
- DRCLAS January Program | Health and Education in Rural Chile: Support available for students on financial aid
- Health and Spanish Immersion Program in Santiago: OCS/DRCLAS support for financial aid students for 8-week immersion in the Chilean health system
- DRCLAS Summer Internship Program in Mexico City and Chiapas: OCS/DRCLAS support for financial aid students for 8-week internships with partner organizations based in Mexico
- DRCLAS January Winternships in Mexico City: Support available for students on financial aid
- Summer Study at El Colegio de Mexico: OCS/DRCLAS support for financial aid students for 5 or 8 week courses of study in Mexico City
Smithsonian Tropical Research Institute in Panama: OCS/DRCLAS support for financial aid students for research and marketing internships